Floating + Endorphins + Decreased Sensory Stimulus = Pain Relief
Floating is a perfectly still experience - no movement, no postural muscle action, no pressure on the joints and because of this one of the many benefits of floatation therapy is pain relief. Floating is also a great pain reduction technique due to the amount of endorphins (the natural pain killers in our body) that get released during a session. The release of endorphins to ease pain is a natural healing and repair process. The warmth, the buoyancy, and the lack of stimulation to the senses automatically causes profound relaxation and triggers the brain to release endorphins.
What to expect at the float session
1. Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled float, especially for your first time. The Float Host will answer any questions, show you the float room and get you prepped for your session.
2. Undress and take a short pre-shower in your private room and step into the float cabin (yes, you float naked).
3. Music will play and the soft light will stay on for the first 5 minutes in order to get yourself situated.
4. The music and lights will fade out leaving you to the uninterrupted bliss of your float session.
5. 5 minutes before your float is scheduled to end music and soft light will fade back up signaling the end of your session.
6. Take a post-float shower to remove all Epsom salts and get dressed.
7. Chill out in our lounge area, have some tea and get re-acclimated.
8. Enjoy the benefits of floating for days afterward!
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
1. Towels, robes, slippers, shampoo, conditioner and a hair dryer are all provided for you. Please bring your own brush or comb.
2. Do not float if you have just shaved or have an open wound, as the high amount of salt in our solution can sting and irritate your skin.
3. Floating is not allowed within 48 hours of new hair coloring or treatment as it can ruin the pristine water in our tanks!
4. Please make sure you use the restroom before you float.
5. Caffeine before a float is not recommended!